- Whole wheat flour-1 cup
- Jaggery(lal shakkar)-1cup
- Baking powder-1 1/2 tsp
- Oil- 1/3 cup
- Eggs -2
- Water-1/2 cup
- Almond Essence -1/2 tsp
- Walnuts(chopped and dusted with flour) -1/2 cup
- Take flour,jaggery,baking powder,oil and eggs in a bowl and beat well.
- Add the water and almond essence.Beat till smooth.Mix in the walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the preheated oven for thirty to forty minutes or till a knife pierced in comes out clean.
Walnuts have to be dusted with flour so that they do not sink to the bottom of the tin.