- Semolina -100 gm
- Jaggery (powdered coarsely)
- Milk -1 cup
- Cardamom powder -2tsp
- Chopped almonds
- Desi ghee-3 tbs
- Soak semolina in water for twenty minutes.
- Boil water in a pan.Add the jaggery powder and let it melt.
- Heat ghee in aheavy bottomed vessel,roast the cashews and raisins to a golden colour and keep aside.
- In the same pan ,add the remaining ghee and semolina and fry till it turns brown.
- Now add the milk and cook on the medium heat till most of the liquid evaporates.
- Add the jaggery water and cardomom powder and continue stirring.
- Stir till the halwa reached the desired consistency.
- Add the roasted cashews and raisins.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and serve hot.