- Vermicelli 2 cups
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- white ural dal 1tsp
- channa dal 1tsp
- mustard seeds 1/2tsp
- cashewnuts-1tbsp(peanuts can also be used)
- curry leaves-few(8)
- Dry-roast vermicelli in a pan until light brown, with constant stirring(If the vermicelli is not the pre-roasted one)
- Heat oil in a pan. add mustard,let it splutter.then add chana dal.fry till it changes colour,now add urad dal and cashewnuts,
- Add onion ,chilli and curry leaves.
- Cook on low flame until onion becomes transparent.
- Add the vermicelli and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add boiling water to just cover the surface of the vermicelli and add salt.
- Cover and cook on low heat until done .