Preparation : 10 minutesCooking: 40-45 minutes
- Rice-½ cup
- Milk-5 cups
- Sugar-8 tbsp
- Cardamoms -4
- Raisins, nuts( to decorate)
- Rinse the rice under water and place into the pan.
- Add the half of the milk and stir.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 min until soft.
- Mash the the mixture for few minutes.
- Then add sugar and remaining milk.
- Simmer gently for about 10 minutes or until the rice is quite thick in consistency.
- Add a little extra milk or water if the kheer is to thick.
- Add cardamom and raisins.
- Remove from the heat and pour into serving dishes.
- Decorate with nuts.
- Kheer can be served hot or cold.