This has been my all time favourite dessert. i always thought it was very difficult to prepare carrot halwa.but after learning how to do it it was rather very easy than i thought!!!
so do tell me how u feel!!
Gajar Ka Halwa
Preparation : 20 minutes Cooking: 60-90 minutes
- 1 kg Carrots
- 1 litre Milk
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom seeds
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- 2 tablespoons Almonds
- 2 tablespoons Pistachios
- 450 grams Sugar
- Wash and grate the carrots. Soak the raisins in water for 30 minutes.
- Blanch and shred the nuts.
- Put the water to boil, when it starts boiling add the grated carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the milk. Cook on a low flame for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved and all the milk has been absorbed.
- Add ghee and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the slightly crushed cardamoms and the raisins. Mix well.
- Remove the gajjar halwa from heat and arrange in a serving dish.
- Garnish with almonds and pistachios
- Serve cold, hot or at room temperature.