- Whole wheat flour -4 cups (Some flour for dusting too)
- salt to taste
- water -1½ cups
- cauliflower-2 (cut into flowerets )
- salt -5 tsp
- onions -2(finely chopped )
- cumin seeds -1½tsp
- green chilies -5(finely chopped)
- coriander leaves -½ cup(chopped )
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix flour, salt and 1 cup water.
- Add enough of remaining water (6 tbsp), (2 tbsp at a time) mixing till dough forms a soft ball (stop adding water before dough becomes wet and sticky)
- Knead till dough is smooth and elastic (takes 3 minutes).
- Keep covered with a cloth for about ½ hour.
- Grate cauliflower. Mix it with salt. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out and discard water. Add remaining ingredients. Mix.
- With greased hands, knead the dough. Make 12 balls approximately 4 cm in diameter. Keep covered with a cloth.
- On a floured board, roll each ball of dough into a flat round 10 cm in diameter.
- Stuff paratha:use 5 tbsp filling for each round of dough. Heat tava on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Put round on tava. Cook for 1 min and turn it over and cook until golden brown.
- serve with fresh curd or pickle.